Dinner for lovers is a mystery where there are only two. Fill it with magic, taking note of these ideas – and let the whole world wait!
In one of the winter days of February each of us has the opportunity to once again tell our loved one about our feelings. It is no secret that this can be done on February 14 – on Valentine’s Day or Valentine’s Day. And it is also a great reason for each of us to create traditions. One of them is to arrange a date for your lover by inviting him to a romantic dinner. And, really, why not isolate itself from the whole world on this day, allowing yourself to plunge into the atmosphere of romance, love and sensual pleasure? MedAboutMe helps to tune in to the desired wave.
Food for love: recipes for a romantic dinner
The search for funds that increase love interest and passion between a man and a woman has been conducted since antiquity. This is how aphrodisiacs appeared – even among products. The most common, without which it is impossible to imagine a romantic evening, smoothly flowing into an unforgettable night of love and passion, is cream, strawberries, chocolate, dry red wine and seafood. But is this tasty list so limited ?! We will complement the list of “passionate dishes” and, perhaps, then a romantic dinner go to an even more romantic breakfast, which your soulmate will put you right in bed.
Crostini with cheese and honey
The combination of creamy taste and floral sweetness can lead to a state of sensual ecstasy and make lovers look forward to more alluring pleasures than regular food. The fact is that natural honey stimulates the appetite, but it also enhances mutual attraction and releases sensual energy.
By the way!
In the Middle Ages, the honey drink was used as a sure means of seduction. And in Europe, the newlyweds during the first month after the wedding were given as much honey as they wanted. People believed that they would sweeten their marriage. Actually, the modern tradition of celebrating the honeymoon takes its origins there.
- Cut the baguette at an angle, sprinkle each slice of bread with olive oil, then put it on a sheet and put in an oven preheated to 200 degrees. Bake for about 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of lemon zest with three varieties of cheese (take 120 grams of each type) – mascarpone, goat cheese and ricotta. Season the mixture with salt and black pepper.
- Get ready-made crispbread from the oven and generously spread them with cheese sauce.
- Arrange on a plate, pour on top of the cheese with flower honey. Serve warm.
On a note!
Crostini – a popular snack in Italy in the form of small pieces of toasted bread. There is a great variety of cooking options, and here a variety of ingredients are used: seafood, fish, meat products, cheese, vegetables, and even fruits. It is interesting that, despite the juiciness of the supplement, the bread remains crunchy. But to achieve this is possible only if you “collect” a snack just before serving.
Grilled avocado boats
Avocado fruits are so rich in protein that they can successfully replace meat. They are also good for the heart, as they contain a lot of Omega-3 fatty acids. But the ancient Mayans and Aztecs considered this oily fruit with delicate creamy and nutty flesh to be a natural aphrodisiac and attributed to it truly magical properties. In their opinion, he enhanced the sensuality of a woman and increased the man’s endurance.
- Take 3 avocado fruit (you need to choose ripe, but firm). Cut them, remove the bone, but do not peel. Remove part of the pulp from the fruit core with a spoon, and then generously grease each half with olive oil, lightly salt and pepper.
- Preheat the grill to medium temperature, put the avocado on the grate with a cut down and cook for about 3-5 minutes, then remove and cool.
- Basil leaves (1 handful) pick into small pieces, mix with the juice of one lemon, chopped clove of garlic and a small amount of salt. Leave to savor the taste.
- Lubricate the avocado boats with a mixture of basil, and then fill them with chopped in half cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with roasted pine nuts on top.
By the way!
Pine nuts are also called “love nucleoli” due to their high zinc content, which can increase testosterone levels and increase sperm motility.
Carrot Cream Soup with Ginger and Sesame Pesto
Ginger and sesame will not only give this delicious soup an oriental hue, but also prepare the man for a long night of love. The fact is that they tend to increase blood circulation and, therefore, have a positive effect on potency. But another ingredient – carrots – will help a woman to tune in the right way. According to the ancient Greeks and Romans, the mere sight of this orange vegetable can arouse passion in it. Most likely, there was a case in its phallic form.
Cooking pesto sauce:
- Place the zest of one lemon, a tablespoon of lemon juice, 4 tablespoons of sesame oil, 30-40 g of hard cheese (Parmesan perfectly suited), 3 tablespoons of white sesame pre-fried in a dry pan, cilantro and basil leaves (each with a handful kind of).
- All ingredients grind to a state of mashed potatoes.
- Melt the butter (25 g) in a saucepan, add a thinly sliced onion and 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, which, when roasted, will give this vegetable a light caramel flavor and sweetness. When the onion has softened, put chopped garlic clove and grated large ginger (take a piece of about 5 cm in size). Continue frying for another 1 minute.
- Add in a saucepan with vegetables 0.5 kg of coarsely chopped carrots, heat it for 2-3 minutes, then pour 0.5 liters of hot transparent chicken broth and continue cooking until ready.
- Soup puree until smooth, salt and pepper, pour into plates. In each of them put 1-2 tablespoons of pesto and mix lightly. Serve hot.
By the way!
Basil has an absolutely incredible taste. It has both sharpness, sweetness, and light mint notes. This wonderful herb can not only beautify the dish you cooked, but also help to kindle love appetite, as it stimulates blood circulation and as if warms you up from the inside.
Pineapple and Fennel Salad with Ginger Sauce
This fruit and vegetable mix is not just incredibly tasty, it also represents the real elixir of love, since almost all its components are considered to be powerful aphrodisiacs. Some of them we have already mentioned earlier, but what distinguished others? For example, fennel has a stimulating effect due to a pronounced anise flavor, while arugula and pineapple increase physical endurance.
Salad dressing preparation:
- Shake in a shaker 1.5 tablespoons of lemon juice, a tablespoon of honey and 2 teaspoons of grated fresh ginger.
- Separately mix sesame oil and sesame seeds (take 2 tablespoons of each ingredient).
- Combine the obtained parts of the sauce, season to taste with salt, sugar and pepper.
- One medium bulb of fennel, cut first into four parts, and then chop into thin crescents.
- Combine fennel with diced pineapple and avocado (each take one cup). Add 1 cup of sliced radish, 3 cups of arugula and ¼ cup of chopped green onions. Mix everything, occasionally shaking a bowl of salad.
- Arrange on plates, pour abundantly on sauce and serve.
Maxim Olkhovsky, restaurant sushi (Izhevsk, Russia)
On Valentine’s Day, which the whole world celebrates on February 14, everyone wants to surprise his soulmate with something unusual. I have for you a great option of a warm seafood salad that will surely make your evening unforgettable. I love seafood, as they are extremely rich in vitamins, and they are also aphrodisiacs, which is suitable for creating a romantic atmosphere and, moreover, will help lovers to tune in the desired fashion. We will prepare for two.
For the salad, we need:
- 1 pack of mixed salad (now it is in every supermarket, choose to your taste);
- Oyster mushroom mushrooms 100 g;
- onion 50 g;
- peeled 80 g avocado;
- blue mussels 8 pcs .;
- tiger prawns 4 pcs .;
- squid rings 80 g
For refueling, take:
- soy sauce 5 g;
- olive oil 20 g;
- sweet and sour sauce 5 g.
- Oyster mushrooms and onions are cut into strips, fry in a pan until cooked, slightly salt.
- Next, prepare the seafood. We clean the shrimp from the shell, remove the insides (in the form of a black stripe), clean the mussels (in their meat there is often a tail that resembles dunnage), cut the squids into rings. Then fry seafood in the following sequence: shrimp, mussels and squid at the end (otherwise it will be rubber).
- We do the filling, combining all the ingredients together, whip with a whisk or fork.
- We take two plates and lay them out on each: mix salad, sliced avocado slices, seafood – in a chaotic sequence, fried mushrooms with onions, and then pour the dressing over the top.
I think this dish will perfectly brighten your evening and raise your appetite, both physical and taste. White dry wine is perfect for salad. Enjoy your time and appetite!
This dish looks simply amazing and without a doubt will be able to decorate with itself any holiday table. It is also ideal for a romantic dinner, as sea fish combined with asparagus will significantly increase the chances that the evening will continue in a more intimate setting.
- Clear 750 g of salmon fillet from the skin.
- Prepare 500 g of asparagus: cut the tops of the stems and set aside (they will be needed later), and boil the rest in boiling salted water until ready (it will take 3-5 minutes). When the asparagus is ready, drain the water, then rinse the stems in cold water and drain the remaining water again.
- Add asparagus, mix with a quarter cup of cream cheese, chopped dill (3-4 tablespoons) and zest of one lemon. Season with salt, black pepper and leave on for a while.
- Take 2 sheets of puff pastry (450 g). Put one sheet on a wet baking tray. Put pieces of salmon on it, salt and pepper. Spread asparagus mash on top of the fish, and then, like pencils, raw asparagus stalks. The remaining edges of the test smear with a beaten egg.
- Cover with a second sheet of puff pastry and pinch the edges as if you were making a pie. From above make 2-3 cuts for a steam exit. Lubricate the dough with an egg and put in an oven preheated to 200 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the cooked dish from the oven, cool slightly and cut into portions.
By the way!
Tender asparagus stems are not only incredibly nutritious, but also extremely beneficial, especially for men, due to their high levels of folic acid and phosphorus. By the way, the French were able to evaluate the magical properties of this vegetable a few centuries ago. For example, the groom ate several servings of asparagus a day during the honeymoon to strengthen his masculinity and not feel tired during the upcoming marathon of love.
Celery with seafood
Regardless of which celery to choose – stalked, leafy or root – it is unlikely to leave anyone indifferent. And if you cook it in combination with seafood and basil, it will also help to accomplish incredible feats in the bedroom, which your soul mate will certainly appreciate.
- Pour 1 glass of white dry wine and 0.5 glass of water into a saucepan, bring to a boil. Add chopped garlic clove, 0.5 teaspoon dried basil and salt to taste. Bring to the boil again, add 300 g of seafood. It is better to buy a frozen mixture (sea cocktail) and pre-defrost it.
- Continue cooking until cooked, it should be borne in mind that the exact cooking time depends on a set of seafood. When they are ready, remove from heat. Drain the liquid, but do not forget to leave 0.5 cups of broth, which will be needed for further cooking.
- Heat 50 g of butter in a frying pan, add celery tubers (2 pcs.) Cut into large pieces and fry over medium heat. Then pour the rest from the cooking of seafood broth, and continue to cook until the celery is soft.
- Drain the liquid from celery, combine it with 30% cream (5 tablespoons) and put it on a la carte plates. Put seafood on top and spice up everything to taste with white pepper. Serve hot.
By the way!
Celery was among the favorite products of the favorite of the French king Louis XV – Jeanne-Antoinette Poisson, better known as the Marquise de Pompadour, and she knew a lot about not only art, but also sensual pleasures.
Banana under the coffee and nut mousse
This easy-to-prepare dessert will definitely delight lovers of coffee, nuts and chocolate with its exquisite taste. But he can also become a kind of sex-doping, if you eat them just before you go to the bedroom. Yes, and here you should not worry even those who are afraid of excess weight – you will instantly burn those calories.
- Take 1 glass of thick cream and ¼ teaspoon of coffee. Stir until complete dissolution of the latter.
- Put in a bowl 200 g of the finished chocolate-nut paste (take to taste), pour the coffee and cream mixture and mix everything thoroughly with a mixer.
- Put the slices into the bowls first. banana, and then the resulting chocolate-nut mousse. Leave in the refrigerator for 1.5-2 hours.
- Before serving, decorate with whipped cream and roasted hazelnuts.
By the way!
Bananas are also considered an aphrodisiac product. Probably, at first they got into this list because of their inherent phallic form, but then it was proved that the composition of this fruit increases the production of hormones, thanks to which a man can remain energetic and resilient for a long time in the field of love battle.
There is nothing easier and faster than making this amazingly delicious dessert. But this dish has another advantage – they can feed each other right in bed. And if you consider that figs are also an aphrodisiac and can directly affect the processes of arousal, in love with her will obviously not be able to sleep.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, add 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, 3 tablespoons of honey and a pinch of sea salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the gas and simmer over low heat until thick.
- Fruits of fresh figs (15 pcs.), Cut in half, put on a baking dish cut up, pour over cooked syrup and bake in the oven until soft.
- Get ready-made sweets from the oven, put on a dish and decorate each half with cream cheese (to taste).
By the way!
Fruits of figs retain their properties for a long time – therefore, they can be used both fresh and dried.
Creating a romantic atmosphere: we will place accents
Properly placed accents will help to make a romantic evening unforgettable. This is not only a festive menu, but also an appropriate design of the space and table. The program of this event is also important: what will you do together, which will help you to tune in to the right wave and go to the most magical and intimate moment – the night of passion and love .
Elena Verbitskaya, psychologist, trainer, head of the social project “Step to Beauty”
If you decide to have a romantic dinner on February 14 at home, nobody can spoil such a holiday: neither a rude waiter, nor a noisy company in the neighborhood, or a chance meeting with your beloved boyfriends or your former lovers. How to surprise yourself and soul mate, but do not leave the house?
To begin with, I will list the main components of a romantic evening:
- mood and positive emotions;
- design space;
- drawing up a festive menu and, in fact, the preparation of selected dishes;
- appropriate outfit, accessories, as well as make-up, hairstyle and perfume (all this should be a little bit, it is important not to overdo it!);
Next, let’s talk in more detail about some of the above aspects, which play a role in creating a romantic atmosphere.
First, you need to choose a place for a romantic evening. The next step will be its design: and it does not matter what it will be – your apartment or hotel room – it should correspond to the occasion. Of course, if we talk about Valentine’s Day, hearts, ribbons, love notes, etc. immediately come to mind.
Secondly, an important point – this choice and design of the holiday table. It is better to give preference to a small round-shaped table so that lovers can be as close as possible to each other and sit face to face with him, then they will have full visual and tactile contact.
It is important to see the partner, his eyes, gestures, facial expressions; to hear it, and at the right time – whisper something; be able to touch – it helps create a more intimate atmosphere.
Table decoration also plays an important role. It is often made in white and red: a white tablecloth, a red napkin (possibly a paper heart), tall candles in transparent candlesticks and, of course, fresh flowers. Various attributes of the holiday will also be appropriate – hearts, angels, bows of scarlet satin ribbons, etc.
Separately, it should be said about the choice of the holiday menu. If we want to tune in to the wave of passion, we should give preference to aphrodisiac products. The most praised of them are honey, ginger, chocolate, strawberries, and pine nuts. They contribute to the emergence of mutual attraction and heat in the partners desire to have each other.
But what is more important – a man must not only be fed, passion must be aroused in him: appropriate compliments and praise will help here (but in moderation, do not praise it!).
Thirdly, it is etiquette. Here it should be noted that this applies to completely different aspects: table behavior, speech, gestures, reception and presentation of the gift.
And, finally, between dinner and a night of love, there may well be time for something else that is comfortable and cozy for two in this couple. Perhaps it will be a joint bath, filled with rose petals or foam – and this is a gorgeous turn of events, as well as a great prelude to the night of passion.
In conclusion, I would like to say that the continuation of your romantic dinner can be the whole future life. If everything is done correctly, it is possible that an unmarried woman will wait this evening for the most expensive gift – “an invitation to marry,” and for those who are already married, it can be the beginning of a new round in relationships. Love, create, live, enjoy this life with your man!
Valentina Botalova, florist, teacher of courses in floristics (Izhevsk)
An additional reason to tell each other the words of love, to give presents and just to give attention provides us with a holiday that once came from Europe – Valentine’s Day.
There are many legends about the good priest Valentin, who helped lovers, grew roses in his garden and treated everyone to sweets. Which one is more truthful, we do not know. But we know for sure that we can make this February evening really warm, romantic and unforgettable for our loved ones. On this day, we can escape from everyday life and think about something pleasant, recall wonderful moments in life and dream about the fulfillment of desires.
Romantic evening for two is a special theme that can be made a good tradition. Create a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere that awakens and enhances tender feelings, fill the space with a romantic mood. You can come up with new and original ideas on your own or seek the services of designers.
Particular attention should be paid to the design of the holiday table. Every detail is important here: a tablecloth, napkins, flower vases, candlesticks, the shape of the plates, as well as color.
White, red, pink color in combination with cream, raspberry, burgundy are quite suitable for creating an atmosphere of a romantic dinner. You can add some gold and glitter.
To make Valentine’s Day unique and fabulous fresh flowers will help. The festive table decorated by them looks elegant and attractive. With flowers, you can also express the most powerful feelings: tenderness, love, passion.
It is better to take flowers with a delicate aroma, this will add to the romanticism of the evening, remind you of spring, love, sunshine, warmth.
Roses, gerberas, lisianthuses, anemones, ranunculus, hydrangeas look beautiful, placed on the table in low vases or raised in majestic high compositions. In addition, flowers can be laid out in the form of hearts or scattered petals on the table.
The essential attributes of Valentine’s Day are hearts. They can be placed on the table or be included in floral arrangements.
Mysterious moment will give candles. There may be many: large and small, red and white, flavored.
Opening a surprise gift in such an environment is just magic! Magic!
It turns out that it is so easy to give your loved ones warmth and joy! A little imagination, a little bit of effort and an evening on Valentine’s Day will be unforgettable, romantic, special for loving people.
Natalya Minskaya, blogger, author of quests, plays and books
Dinner for lovers can be part of the game. Before you move to the horizontal, before you put the first piece of chocolate in the mouth of your chosen one, before all this there should be a game-bait. The easiest and at the same time difficult way is a quest for a loved one. Of course, it can become both the beginning, and the middle, and the culmination. It all depends on what you want to arrange for your soulmate — dinner-reward or dinner-anticipation …
The point of my life is to write games. I usually write adventure stories for children and adults, for small and large companies, but once a year, on the eve of February 14, I create a role-playing game for one single person – my husband Mark. I will open the veil of secrecy and tell you some of the scenarios I have invented.
Quest “Behind the closed curtains”
Three years ago I decided to realize our common dream: to live one day, hiding from the whole world in a hotel room. But to make this day unforgettable for us, she invented a fairy tale about the Lion Cub (her husband likes it when I call him that).
I hid separate parts of the story in several envelopes, and on each of them was written a time when the envelope had to be opened. Thus, each new chapter was supposed to tell what we have to do.
The first envelope was about how the prince of the jungle gets food. It was a dinner-anticipation. My husband knew that there were still many pleasant moments ahead. And we can stretch every watch. Therefore, our simple dinner — cheese, grapes, nuts — Mark, like a real lion cub, ate from my hands. But still drank champagne from the glass.
The second chapter was devoted to the tricks of a small predator. Another dream – together, forgetting about time, cut yourself in the X-box – DONE!
I will not bore you with the retelling of that day, I will only list ideas of what lovers can do behind closed curtains:
- drawing or modeling, of course, on top of each other;
- crazy dancing;
- pillow fight;
- memories of the details of the first meetings (an extremely dangerous occupation for men);
- watching a romantic movie or any other that has been on your favorite list for a long time (even if it’s about boxers).
And you can finish the story in three options:
- The cub was tired and he wanted to sleep. So he found the best place to curl up. For this version, you first need to make a henna tattoo (by the way, I chose this method, and my beloved was literally speechless).
- The lion cub is tired and it’s time for him to put on his pajamas. And in beautiful bundles there are original costumes for you and him, which make you think of immediate new games.
- A lion cub found a magic lamp, and now a slave lamp can fulfill three of his wishes.
Quest “Look for a woman”
2 years ago I used dinner as the beginning of the quest, where Mark had yet to get to the hotel. Nothing foreshadowed adventures when I moved to powder my nose and did not return. The waiter explained to her husband that I had left on urgent business, but asked to give him a package. And there were: a crossword puzzle, a suit and a letter.
The letter can begin with the words:
Hello, darling! Find me! This will help you crossword. When you find, change clothes and follow the instructions (hereinafter you need to write down the points on what your soulmate will need to do – the scenario, of course, depends on what fantasy your role-playing couple has for role-playing games).
It seemed to me cool, just to tell the man what he needed to do (by the way, Mark confirmed).
Quest “Oriental Tales”
Last year, I decided to arrange a romantic evening for my husband in an oriental style. I ordered a harem beauty costume. I found out all about the spa procedures for a hammam (soap massage, coffee peeling, mud mask, oil massage) and prepared the necessary props. Well, of course, I rented a suitable room, where there was a sauna, a hammam and a small pool – so that rose petals, burning candles and all that.
And for dinner, which I served right in the pool, which was filled with petals, baklava, peaches and rose wine.
Role-play scenarios can be taken directly from the Thousand and One Nights fairy tales: buy a book and let your loved one call the page, and together you play what is written there, gradually becoming distracted by improvisation.
Quest “Colors of Passion”
This year I want to carry out an idea that my girlfriend once shared – to write on myself edible multi-colored paints in all languages of the world – “I love you”.
You can even come up with a quiz. Describe a love ritual, and a man must guess which country he is talking about. And eat the inscription in the appropriate language. Isn’t it a romantic dinner with a game element?
Today I read in the book by Vladimir Shishkin “The Hair of Venus”: “Love is like the moon – if it does not come, it decreases”. And I am sure that it is in our women’s heads and hands that the whole force of the tides of tenderness and desire. Surprise your men, amaze their imagination. An endlessly growing moon!