Healthy and balanced nutrition useful and necessary for each person, regardless of his gender, age, body parameters and general condition of the body. It is known that the “correct” menu and a well-established meal schedule contribute to the normalization of weight indicators, strengthening immunity and stable well-being of physical and psycho-emotional well-being. We suggest that you familiarize yourself with the peculiarities of the formation of the “male” diet and find out what is a guarantee of youth, health and longevity for the strong half of humanity.
The basic principles of good nutrition for men
Proper nutrition involves the responsible observance of the following principles by men:
- The formation of the daily diet based on beneficial components; maximum restriction of consumption of fatty and fried foods, fast food, sweets, convenience foods, sausages and alcohol. Reasonable caution should be exercised in relation to smoked and spicy dishes, as well as – products that prevent the full production of testosterone (legumes, corn and soybean oils, instant coffee, beer, etc.)
- Rational consumption of carbohydrates, which are for the male body an indispensable source of energy. The daily rate of calories for a mature man, not engaged in heavy physical labor, is, on average, 2300-2500 kcal. However, it is important to bear in mind that only complex carbohydrates (fruits, vegetables, greens, pasta, cereals, etc.) bring health benefits. The simple carbohydrates contained in white bread, baked goods, confectionery and fast food products are subject to unconditional exclusion from the menu.
- Careful “revision” of consumed fat. First of all, you must completely abandon the extremely harmful to the body trans fats contained, among other things, in margarine, ketchup, mayonnaise, fatty meat and dairy products. When forming a healthy diet, preference should be given to unsaturated fatty acids, which are especially rich in sea fish, seafood, olive oil, various seeds, nuts and avocados.
- The predominance of protein foods in the daily menu. The need for a male body in proteins is quite high. At the same time, the proper nutrition of a man consists not only in the obligatory presence of protein-fortified foods in the diet, but also in the maximum variety of their “range”. In order for food to be truly complete and balanced, meat dishes, fish, dairy and seafood, eggs, nuts, etc. should be systematically present on the table.
- Maximum natural fiber, vitamins and minerals. Stably maintain male health will help the daily presence in the diet of vegetables, fruits, cereals, grains and greens.
- Compliance with the fractional diet and proper drinking regime. Meals are recommended 4-5 times a day, taking food in moderate portions. The optimal amount of water consumed is about 2 liters per day. In general, food is best organized as follows: carbohydrate menu – for breakfast and dinner, protein – for afternoon tea and lunch. As a snack, it will be useful to eat fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, natural vegetable or fruit juices.
Men’s health and nutrition
There are situations when a healthy diet acquires special relevance for a man:
- Age decrease testosterone levels. Reducing the production of the main sex hormone by the male body usually begins at the age of 30-35 years and is often accompanied by deterioration of the potency, increased fatigue, etc. Moreover, it is known that a lack of testosterone in the body of a man can cause hyperplasia or prostate cancer. Reducing the risk of such consequences will help the active inclusion in diet components enriched with zinc, including cereals, nuts, beef, liver and seafood. The cabbage (white, cauliflower, broccoli), which is rich in potassium, beta-carotene and sulforaphane – substances that prevent the development of prostate cancer, will also be extremely useful. Also, do not neglect products containing natural antioxidants – tomatoes, sweet peppers, potatoes, avocados, grapefruits.
- Erectile disfunction. Prevent the occurrence of erection problems or increase the effectiveness of therapy in the fight against pathology will allow sufficient intake of vegetables, fruits, fish, seafood, garlic, olive oil. Such components of the menu contribute to the normalization of blood circulation, which is the key to stable potency and the general well-being of the male body.
- Impaired libido. Reduced sexual desire often contributes to a lack of fructose or glucose. A systematic consumption of dried fruits, berries, fruits and vegetables (cucumbers, pumpkins, carrots, tomatoes, white cabbage) will help prevent or compensate for the lack of natural sugars.
- Baldness. Found that the cause of baldness in men can be a lack of iron in the body. In order not to worry about the state of your hair, regularly include in your diet iron-rich foods – dried fruits, chicken eggs, meat, fish, nuts and whole grain bread.
Healthy eating: an example of the perfect male menu
A man who plans to start practicing a healthy diet will gain the skills to form a healthy diet using the “right” daily menu:
- Breakfast: oatmeal cooked in milk; a big apple, a glass of green tea.
- Snack: a glass of juice, a small portion of low-fat cottage cheese.
- Lunch: vegetable and green salad, rye bread, borscht, buckwheat porridge with steam meatballs, fruit and berry compote.
- Lunch: vegetable stew with chicken breast, sandwich with butter and cheese, fruit jelly.
- Dinner: sea fish, baked with potatoes, whole grain bread, vegetable salad, tea with milk and sugar.
In case of a feeling of hunger in the break between the evening meal and going to bed, it is not forbidden to eat a small fruit, drink a glass of yogurt, ryazhenka or low-fat kefir.